1. Take refuge in your bed.
2. Cry, till the tears stop (this will take a few days).
3. Don’t listen to slow songs.
4. Delete their number from your phone even though it is memorized on your fingertips.
5. Don’t look at old photos.
6. Find the closest ice cream shop and treat yourself to two scoops of mint chocolate chip. The mint will calm your heart, you deserve the chocolate.
7. Buy new bed sheets.
8. Collect all the gifts, t-shirts, and everything with their smell on it and drop it off at a donation center.
9. Plan a trip.
10. Perfect the art of smiling and nodding when someone brings their name up in conversation.
11. Start a new project.
12. Whatever you do, do not call.
13. Do not beg for what does not want to stay.
14. Stop crying at some point.
15. Allow yourself to feel foolish for believing you could’ve built the rest of your life in someone else’s stomach.
Why make an account and save your favorite JewBelong stuff? Because someday Jack is going to get off his ass and pop the question and you’re going to get to plan that wedding you've been thinking about since third grade.
Because why use any of your precious brain cells to remember where you kept those great readings that you’ll use someday at Jeffrey’s B Mitzvah? Make an account, keep the readings there. Easy peasy. The only thing you’ll need to remember is your password, and from personal experience that’s hard enough.
Hey, can you watch the phones on Friday? We have a thing.